Tuesday 22 March 2011

Just turned forty!

Wow! Can't believe that I have finally reached this day. Who knew?
Over the last couple of months I've had lots of people asking me how I feel about being as old as I am, and not to get upset!
Upset? Hell this is going to be the best year ever!
I am now forty years old and finally able to voice my opinion in public, and earn some respect! Yes respect, for now I am categorized as an elder, and don't you forget it! Been there, seen it, done it!

Now here's the cool part - I am a vegan, a homeschooler and a SAHM all rolled into one curvy (not anorexic) package of fun! I am also a recent immigrant to Canada which in itself leads to all kinds of cultural differences (I am a Brit).
I have four children (3 boys and a girl) and believe me I need a sense of humour to stay sane.

For my birthday my 14 year old son made me an MP3 recording of all the number one hits that occured on my birthday for the past forty years (cue proud motherly sigh!) So for you delectation here is the number one single the day I wa born:


And here is possibly the worst number one from my birthday list:


And here is my favourite:


 So here it is I am going to chronicle a year of being forty.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I am so insanely happy that you've decided to blog about your year. Hopefully more! 40 is a sexy number. ;)

    Did I mention happy?!

    !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - great blog idea! Look forward to your wit and wisdom in the days to come, hot Mama!

    ReplyDelete